I fear nobody

This morning driving past some of those Newspaper Posters that they put on lamp posts, I saw an interesting headline "Malema - I fear nobody". On seeing this headline, my mind jumped to the verse in Psalms (111:10) "The fear of the LORD is the beginning of wisdom". Now before everyone gets their knickers in a knot, I am fully aware that this "fear" spoken of in scripture is better translated from the Hebrew word "yirah" as "reverence".

However, scripture also exhorts us not to fear man. Whether Malema had this in mind when he made that comment, I am not sure (you judge for yourself), but he is not my point. His comment cast my mind back to scripture where it tells us to "fear the Lord".

This reverence for things Godly and for God Himself, in my mind, is on the wane. Many have lost that reverence for the Great King because so many other kings are raising themselves above the Great King, the Lord of all. I love that scripture in Deut. 10:14 "The highest heavens and the earth and everything in it all belong to the LORD your God".

OK, whose confused as to whether God is King or Lord of all. It says everything belongs to God. I suppose Malema's statement could have been, "I fear nobody except God". How is your reverence for God ?

1Chr. 29:11
Yours, O LORD, is the greatness, the power, the glory, the victory, and the majesty. Everything in the heavens and on earth is yours, O LORD, and this is your kingdom. We adore you as the one who is over all things.

No comments: